What You Need To Think About When Buying An Offshore Rod
One of the most essential pieces of equipment for fishing is a fishing rod.
However there are many different types available. One type is an offshore rod.
There are also many different offshore rods available. We had a look through the available models.
Looking at price, durability, quality and customer reviews.
From this research we have chosen three of the best.
Top Offshore Rods
Shimano Trevala Casting Rod
These are the first rods we shall look at. They have been highly rated by customers and currently have a rating of 4.6 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
The rods in this range have been designed to be light.
They have also been designed to have a light action. Being great for anyone who is looking for a high quality light action rod.
Features and Specifications
- Variety of rods available: This is a single listing on Amazon for a collection of rods. All part of the Shimano Trevala Casting Rod range.
- Lightweight: The rods in this range have been designed to be light.
- Light action: They have a light action. Great for anyone who is looking for a high quality light action rod.
Customer Reviews and Scores
This rod has been highly rated by customers.
At the time of writing this brief review the rod has received 29 customer reviews. The majority of the reviews are positive. Leaving the rod with an average review of 4.6 stars out of 5.
Positive things customers have said about the rod are that
“Takes a beating from blacktip sharks, tarpon, halibut, lingcod and big stingrays. Great rod, lightweight. People look at it and say, “no way that is going to hold up”, but it proves them wrong every time. It’s a thin rod for XXH and that leads people to believe it is in adequate, wrong. I have four Trevala rods and they rock.”
“Very pleased by the fit and finish of the rod, guides and overall weight balance. The rod easily handles jigs from 5 up to 10 ounces (have not tried heavier tackle). The backbone of the rod is impressive and was barely tested pulling a 28 lb cod off the bottom in 270 feet of water.”
“I have both the TVC 7 and TVC 66. They are both strong responsive and comfortable. I matched with Diawa Saltist 20 and 30 reels respectively. I fish everything from flounder to cod with them and have never had any problems.”
From these positive reviews it is easy for me to recommend this rod to others.
This is a collection of rods that have been highly rated by customers. They are competitively priced. A good collection of rods.
Daiwa Saltiga Dendoh Style Deep Drop Rod
This is the second section of rods we shall look at. They have also been highly rated by customers. Having a rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
This rod is a heavy action rod. Being great for anyone who is looking or a rod that performs with heavy action.
The blanks for this rod have been made out of power fibreglass. This construction provides them with strength and resilience.
Features and Specifications
- Heavy action: This rod is a heavy action rod. It is great for anyone who is looking for something that has heavy action.
- Fiberglass blanks: The blanks have been made out of power fibreglass. This provides them with strength and resilience.
- Limited lifetime warranty: The rods come with a limited lifetime warranty. Showing the trust the manufacturers have in the product.
This is another collection of rods that are well priced and highly rated by customers. A good collection to have a look at.
Shakespear Ugly Stik Bigwater Rod
This is another offshore rod that has been highly rated by customers. it currently has a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
Reliable and Durable
This rod has been designed so that it is both reliable and durable. Being a rod that is strong enough to survive the wear and tear of use.
Easy To Use And High Quality
This rod is one that has been designed to be easy to use. The rod has also been designed to have high quality design and construction.
Features and Specifications
- Reliable and durable: The rods have been designed so that they are both reliable and durable.
- Easy to use and high quality: They have also been designed to be easy to use. They have high quality design and construction.
- Durable EVA grips: The grips on this model are designed to be durable. They have been made out of EVA. Comfortable to hold and use.
This is yet another collection of rods that have been highly rated by customers. A good offshore rod.
All five of the rods we have looked at are good rods. They have been highly rated by customers, are available for a good price and are high quality. Out of the rods we have looked at, the best are the Shimano Trevala Casting Rods.
These rods are lightweight and they have a light action. They are high quality, highly rated by customers and available for a good price. A fantastic selection of offshore rods.
Where To Buy An Offshore Rod
There are many places you can buy yourself an offshore rod. A good place to look would be your local fishing store. The advantage of doing this is that you can see the rod in person. Giving you a good idea about how it looks and feels.
However we would recommend shopping on line. The advantage of doing this is that you can find a wider range of models. There are also often deals on which will allow you to save money. The biggest advantage is being able to read customer reviews. Reading these reviews can give you a good idea about the pros and cons of the different products.
We recommend shopping on Amazon.com. Amazon is a big name in on line shopping. They have many happy customers world wide. They also have a large complaints department that you can contact if things go wrong.
Factors To Consider When Buying An Offshore Rod
There are a number of factors you should consider when choosing an offshore rod.
- Price: This is a great place to start. There are some expensive rods out there. Often their performance is only marginally better than more moderately priced models. Deciding initially the most you are willing to pay is a great way of narrowing down your options.
- Quality: Make sure to look at the quality of the rod you are buying. Quality is a good indicator of performance and durability.
- Action: The rods have a variety of different actions. Some are light action rods while some are heavy action. Make sure the rod you buy has the action you want.