What You Have To Know About Buying The Best Ice Fishing Rod
You have been reading up about ice fishing and are interested in giving it a go. If that’s the case then you have come to the right place. More than any other type of fishing, with ice fishing it is especially important to have the right equipment. This is because you need to have equipment which can survive being out in the cold.
There are a number of different ice rods available to buy. We have had a look through the different models and have judged them on performance, price, durability and customer reviews.
Top Ice Fishing Rods
Piscifun 2 Sections Ultralight Graphite Ice Fishing Rod
This is the first ice fishing rod we shall look at. It is one that has been highly rated by customers. It currently has a rating of 4.9 stars out of 5. This is a seriously impressive rating. It shows that customers where impressed with this rod.
Strong and Sensitive
This rod has the strength to survive fishing. Also being a sensitive rod
Graphite Rod Blank
The blank for this rod has been made out of graphite. This provides it with good durability.
Features and Specifications
- Strong and sensitive: This rod has the strength to survive fishing. It is also a sensitive rod.
- Graphite rod blank: The blank has been made out of graphite. It has good durability.
- EVA handle: The handle provides a strong grip. It is also comfortable.
Customer Reviews and Scores
This is a rod that has received positive reviews from customers.
At the time of writing it has received 10 customer reviews. The majority of customers have given it positive reviews. Leaving it with an average review of 4.6 stars out of 5.
Things positive customers have said are that
“Used this for some snorkel fishing. Caught bluegill, bass, and catfish with no issues. I liked the ability to break down this pole, it made for some real easy packing. Fishing poles can last for a long time and I expect to have this one for life.”
“Durable and light!”
“light weight, strong came quickly.”
From these positive reviews it is easy for me to recommend this rod to others.
This is a model that has good features. It is available for a good price and has also been highly rated by customers. A good all round rod.
Wright & McGill Power Ice Magnum Fishing Rod
This is another ice fishing rod that has been highly rated by customers. It currently has a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
Made With S-Curve Graphite
This design allows the rod to be both light and sensitive. Being a great rod for ice fishing.
Split Rear Handle
It has also been designed with a split rear handle. This provides the rod with exceptional balance and weight reduction
Features and Specifications
- Made with S-curve graphite: This design allows the rod to be both light and sensitive. Being great for ice fishing.
- Split rear handle: It has been designed with a split rear handle. This provides the rod with exceptional balance and weight reduction.
- Actions designed by tony ranch: The action of this model has been designed by tony ranch. Ensuring its high quality and performance.
This model has great performance. It is rated highly by customers and available for a good price. A great ice fishing rod.
Berkley Lightning Ice Rod
This is another ice fishing rod that has been highly rated by customers. It currently has a rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
The blank of this rod has been made out of fibreglass. This allows the rod to be both durable and lightweight.
The rod has also been designed with a cork grip. This allows the rod to be comfortable to hold and use. The fore-grip has been designed to lower the wear and tear on your fingers.
Features and Specifications
- Fibreglass blank: The blank of this model has been made out of fibreglass. This allows it to be durable and lightweight.
- Cork grip: This model has been designed with a cork grip. This allows it to be comfortable to hold and use. Fore-grip has been designed to lower the wear and tear on your fingers.
- Skeleton reel seat: The reel seat provides increased sensitivity and also reduces the overall weight of this device.
This is a model that has good performance. It is available for a good price and also highly rated by customers. All in all a great ice fishing rod.
All five of these rods have been highly rated by customers. They are also all competitively priced. The best is the Piscifun 2 Sections Ultralight Graphite Ice Fishing Rod.
This is a rod which is strong and sensitive, has a graphite blank and a well designed EVA handle. It has also been highly rated by customers. It is available for a good price. A high quality ice fishing rod.
Where You Can Buy An Ice Fishing Rod
There are many places you can pick up an ice fishing rod. A good place to look is your local fishing store. Here you can find a variety of rods available. Seeing the rods in person will give you a good idea of how they look and feel.
However we recommend that you look on line. The advantage of shopping on line is that you can find a larger variety of rods for sale. There will also be deals that can save you money. A major advantage of shopping on line is that you can read lot’s of customer reviews.
Reading these reviews will give you a good idea of how the different rods perform. Their pros and cons. What customers liked and what they didn’t like.
Why Use An Ice Fishing Rod
You might be wondering why you should use an ice fishing rod. Well there are many reasons.
- Designed with ice fishing in mind: They have been designed with ice fishing in mind. Because of this they can survive the temperature and demands of ice fishing. If you are going ice fishing you will want to use an ice fishing rod.
- Small and lightweight: They are small and lightweight rods. This makes them easy to transport. It also makes them comfortable and easy to use.
Factors To Consider When Buying An Ice Fishing Rod
Before you invest your money in picking yourself up an ice fishing rod. There are a number of factors you should consider.
- Price: Price is a fantastic place to start. Deciding initially the most you are willing to pay helps you to narrow down your options. There are expensive rods out there. Often they only have marginally better performance compared to their lower priced competitors.
- Quality: It is important to think about the quality of the rod. Quality is often a good indicator of performance and durability. Buying a higher quality rod can save you money in the long run. Something that would break a lower quality rod might only scratch a higher quality one.