If you have been out fishing. Then you will know how important it is to have the right equipment. When you are out on the water, enjoying your fishing. Having the wrong equipment might prevent you from getting the big catch that you are hoping for.
If you are interested in fly fishing then you should pick up a fly fishing rod. However with such a variety available it can be difficult to know what model to pick up.
We have had a look at the different rods. Judging them on their price, performance, durability and customer reviews. From this we have found the best fly fishing rods for the money.
Best Fly Fishing Rods For The Money
Eagle Claw Featherlight Fly Rod
This is a fly fishing rod that has been highly rated by customers. It currently has the impressive rating of 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon. This shows that customers have been impressed with the rods performance.
Fibreglass Two Piece Rod
This rod has been designed to have two pieces. The fact that it has two pieces makes it easy to transport. While the fact that it has been made out of fibreglass provides it with a good balance of durability and sensitivity.
Quality and Field Tested
The rod has been both quality and field tested to ensure that it performs to a high standard. Being a quality fly fishing rod.
Features and Specifications
- Fibreglass two piece rod: This rod has been designed to have two pieces. This makes it easy to transport. It has been made out of fibreglass which provides a good balance of durability and sensitivity.
- Cork handle: The handle has been made out cork. The cork design makes this rod comfortable to hold and use.
- Quality and field tested: The rod has been quality and field tested to ensure that it performs to a high standard. Being a quality fly rod.
Customer Reviews and Scores
This is a fly fishing rod that has been highly rated by customers.
At the time of writing it has received 54 customer reviews. The majority of customers have given it positive reviews. Leaving the fly fishing rod with an average review of 4.5 stars out of 5 on Amazon.
However some customers have been less impressed with the performance of the rod. One customer said that
“My rod says 3/4 on it. I bought a 3wt line, but it doesn’t load well. Hard for me to take this in to get an opinion on the right fly line. Guessing a 4 or 5 will work better.”
Positive things that customers have mentioned is that
“Great rod for the price. Very satisfied. Have used it twice and it’s Lready had some nice fish tug on it.”
“I bought this specifically for some small, brushy streams where even tight roll casts from my 9-foot, 5-weight wouldn’t cut it. For as little as I paid, this can’t be beat. It’s the right size, has great action (again, considering the price) and the build quality seems surprisingly good. At 30 feet, it casts great, though there’s not much life to the line after 40 feet or so. Very accurate at short distances.”
“I bought this rod on a whim. I took it to a local lake and had a blast catching bluegill. I may even try it when I go to the river and see how it performs. Just a fun little rod.”
“I bought this as a cheap back-up rod and have really enjoyed the smooth casting of the parabolic glass. We’ve found that it works best with 5wt WF fly line.”
From these positive reviews it is easy for me to recommend this product to others
This is a fly fishing rod that is available for a very good price. It has been highly rated by customers and performs to a high standard. A rod worth taking a look at.
Redington Form Game Fly Rod
This is another fly fishing rod that has been highly rated by customers. This model currently has the impressive rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 on Amazon. This high rating shows that this is another rod that has thoroughly impressed customers.
Graphite Two Piece Rod
This rod has been designed so that it breaks into two pieces. This design makes it an easy rod to transport. The fact that it has been made out of graphite provides it with good durability
Redington Custom Cork Handle
This is another rod that has been designed with a cork handle. This design makes it comfortable to hold while you are using it.
Features and Specifications
- Graphite two piece rod: The rod has been designed so that it breaks into two pieces. This makes it easy to transport. The fact it is made out of graphite provides it with good durability.
- Redington custom cork handle: it is another rod that has been designed with a cork handle. This makes it comfortable to hold while using it.
- Oversized snake guides: It is a model that has been designed with oversized snake guides. These guides are fantastic for casting practice.
Customer Reviews and Scores
This rod has received many positive reviews from customers.
At the time of writing it has received 15 reviews from customers. The majority of reviews are positive. Leaving an average rating of 4.6 stars out of 5.
Positive things that have been said by customers are that
“Fun practice rod to use at work (lunch time!) and at home. I like this compared to the yarn type of rods, it is easy to feel the rod loading and unloading with a fly line. May need a few more as others are using it more than me!”
“Love this practice rod. Have another with a much softer line, and it doesn’t compare. This one with the realistic fly line is so much better. Fun to use around the house and outside to practice.”
“I modified it to use it as an ultra light weight rod. It works like a dream.”
“This is a great tool to practice fly casting with. For any level of fly fishing person. Great for using year round.”
From these positive reviews it is easy for me to recommend this rod to others.
This is another fly fishing rod which is available for a very competitive price. It is another that has been highly rated by customers. Another rod worth taking a good look at.
What You Should Think About When Picking Up A Fly Fishing Rod
When it comes to picking yourself up a fly fishing rod there are a number of things you should think about. Thinking about these things will allow you to decide whether the fly fishing rod you are looking at is worth the investment.
- Price: This is an obvious place to start. There are some very expensive rods out there. You want to pick something up that will match your budget. Deciding initially on the most you are willing to pay will help you narrow down your options. Choose an amount then look for rods that come in under that price.
- Durability: You should also think about the durability of the rod you are buying. You want to pick something up that will last. You don’t want to be in the situation where you have bought a rod for it only to break after a couple of uses. Picking up a durable rod that can survive the demands of fishing will prevent this from happening.
- Quality: You should think about the quality of the rod you are buying. Quality is a good indicator of performance and durability. A high quality rod can save you money in the long run compared to buying a low quality rod. A low quality rod will perform poorly and can break after a couple of uses.
- Customer reviews: Reading through customer reviews will give you a good idea of what you can expect from a rod. Some customers will have given it high reviews, throwing lot’s of praise. Others will have been less impressed and given critical reviews. Either way you can get a good idea of the rods pro’s and con’s.